- This event has passed.
Activist Wellbeing Day
February 9 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
JOIN US IN QUIET CONTEMPLATION AND JOYFUL PLAY
The Activist Wellbeing Circle invites you to join us for a day of reconnecting and restorative practices including meditation, relaxation and movement.
– Share experiences and thinking on a ‘middle way’ between overwhelming empathy and fierce compassion
– Connect with what needs to be expressed and heard using the Joanna Macy’s “work that reconnects”
– Experience deep relaxation
– Celebrate in community with the rhythm & flow of Circle Dance
– No prior mediation or dance experience is necessary
The day will begin at 10am as we move through a rhythm that will take us from stillness to emotion back to stillness ending with a celebration of being in community together.
BYO LUNCH: The venue has a kitchen with oven/microwave etc but no crockery/cutlery. Please be self-sufficient in this regard, including bringing your own mug. For ease of preparation and diverse dietary requirements we are asking people bring their own lunch. We will provide tea/coffee and morning tea.
BYO Yoga mats, blankets and/or mediation cushions if you have them. Some will be available on the day but this cannot be guaranteed as our supplies are limited.
We understand some people will need to leave due to other commitments and this will be accommodated but people’s attendance from 10am-4:30pm if at all possible would be appreciated. For those who can stay, we will be continuing to connect and move using the magic of the five rhythms. Please bring extra food if you plan to remain for this session which will run from 5:30-7:30pm.