Adelaide Climate Crisis National Day Of Action
February 22 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
We call for a National Day of Action demanding government action and investment on a scale to match the current climate crisis
On the 22nd of February, starting ay 10:30am at Parliament house, you will hear from a wide range of speakers about the future of the climate movement and why this National Day of Action is is symbolic of the growing movment and the need for unity.
The demands for this action are similar to the demands set by many other climate organisations and are as followed:
1. 100% renewable energy generations and exports by 2030
– Build a 100% publicly owned renewable energy system by 2030.
– Fund a Just transition for fossil fuel suppoted communities.
– Guarantee jobs for affected fossil fuel workers.
– Fund good low-emissions jobs in transport, manufacturing, disaster relief, health, education, energy, and climate adaptation.
2. No new fossil fuel or nuclear projects. End subsidies to these industries.
3. Fund our firies and support communities.
– Increase funding and resources to cope with longer and more intense fire seasons.
– Compensate rural firefighters and reverse cuts to parks and fire services.
– Guaranteed homes and jobs for fire-affected communities.
4. First Nations justice.
– Funding for Indigenous-led land management with jobs on country to repair ecosystems, reduce emissions and reduce fire risk. Land and water rights for Indigenous peoples.
Unlike past events and NDA’s, this action is not specific to any one organisation but rather is a national day of action that is all encompassing.
This is peaceful action and will be safe for children,
and the day has been planned to be non arrestable.
Thank you for your support!
Cimate action now!